Monday, March 7, 2011

Captivated!

Captivated perfectly describes the way Maddox interacts and responds to her daily environment. She is enthralled by just about everything and everyone! :) It's also a great word to describe how Scott and I feel towards HER!

Maddox is 14 weeks old now. I can't believe how quickly she is growing. Scott and I are growing right along with her...in love! She daily captures our hearts and brings us such joy. These days she is finding her voice and often can be found lying down having animated conversations in her own little language to no one in particular. She greets every ceiling fan she finds with a wide-eyed smile, and is often distracted by her spectacular surroundings especially during feedings. Scott describes her feedings like this: Yeah, Maddie will be like, "FEED ME!!!! Hey is that a ceiling fan? Are you watching TV? Oh, there's my mommy. Hey where's dad? Man, I'm hungry, but what's over there on the end of the couch?" :) She's such a hoot! She makes us laugh a lot. At church she hams it up with everyone who will give her so much as a glance. She especially likes other kids and is already making little friends. We love watching others enjoy her, as well as how engaged she is with people.

She loves to be held and given attention to which we eagerly oblige. How could we pass up seeing how beautifully her face lights up with the happiest expressions at even the slightest bit of attention from us?! It doesn't take much to get a squeal or a bounce accompanied with a huge smile and a cute little stuck-out tongue.

She is learning her night-times fairly well and is each week giving us longer stretches of sleep uninterrupted. I think she'll be sleeping through the night here before too long.

She likes belly time and is continually surprising us by her strength. While on her belly she is already able to pull her knees up under her and worm her way around a bit. When on her back she has recently been impressing us with sit ups. I'm not sure why she feels the need to do this, I think she just likes showing off her skills. :) Needless to say with her constant display of what I will refer to as Wiggle Power, we have found it necessary to start strapping her in to her swing which she loves. Up until recently she was content to just enjoy the movement the swing provided, not so anymore. Now she kicks, and leans forward, and bootie bounces all while she swings on already the highest setting! What can I say? She's an adrenalin junkie already! Maddox loves motion!

As far as her stats go, I weighed her here at home a week ago and she was 15 pounds. She has another appointment with the pediatrician in a few weeks so I will know more then. But what I do know already is that she is 3 months old and already too big for some of her 6 month clothes. It's interesting trying to keep her little wardrobe updated. Scott made 2 or 3 attempts the other day just to put a pair of socks on her that fit. It was like, "nope, too small, nope those ones are too." (And just for those of you who struggle with the occasional odd sock that somehow is lost into an epic abyss, it's even WORSE when the socks are only 2 inches long!) Sigh...what a fun and adorable dilemma. We are LOVING being parents!

I could of course go on with more description of our amazing adventures, but I will let these pictures tell the rest.



3 comments:

kellyjyoung said...

YAY! Thank you for the update and the pictures! She is sure a happy baby! So beautiful, what a great smile!

Kandy said...

thanks for the update! She is so cute and her smile is CONTAGIOUS! Lovely!!

Carrie Hutchings said...

Great seeing you guys today. Maddie is even cuter in real life than she in pictures. I am sure that's partly because of her sweet little personality.
I lol'ed at the description of her eating....I can so relate.
The only way I get socks to stay on Isaac's feet are to put a pair of shoes on top. :)