Sunday, November 14, 2010

Enjoying the Wait


Well, we are one week away from our due date. We are of course being advised to hold that date loosely as it would not be abnormal for the baby to come as early as tomorrow or as late as the first part of December. While we are way too excited to disregard the date we've been anticipating all this time, we are really enjoying the wait.

This last week we were blessed as our friends and family gave us wonderful gifts for the baby. After the baby shower, we spent a day and half staring at the living room full of gift bags and presents wondering where it all would go. :) But once we started, we easily found a wonderful set up that will manage all of Baby's cute pint-sized things. The crib is set up, the car seat ready to install, the blankets and clothes are washed. I even have a diaper bag packed for whenever we enjoy our first little outing.

Since we are having a homebirth, there seems to be more of a shared nesting instinct kicking in for all of us. While I've been cleaning and organizing, my mother-in-law has been busily finishing a recent remodeling project. Scott unpacked and organized his winter clothes to make more room for baby, and he has also been in charge of the fun task of assembling the swing and crib and other various baby accessories. We are constantly saying, "we have to get this done before the baby comes!" Just yesterday even, we all tackled the yard full of leaves together. IT IS SO MUCH FUN waiting and getting ready to finally meet our little one!

More of our First Family Photos:

I LOVE this man!! I am so blessed to have such an amazing friend and lover as we journey this life together. Scott is going to be an awesome daddy!

These next ones are of Scott zurbitz-ing us. This baby will definitely know how to play!! :)

We thank our Lord Jesus for a wonderful pregnancy. He is nurturing our love in Him and growing our family. We are so blessed.

3 comments:

Tami said...

Too cute! I can't believe she's almost here. YEAH!

Sarah said...

What beautiful pictures!!! And I'm so excited for you to have a home birth. We had our first at home, and it was a wonderful experience. Praying for you as the time draws close.

Carrie Hutchings said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. You guys are going to be wonderful parents. I love that last picture!