Tuesday, August 25, 2009

School Supplies, New Starts, and God's LOVE!

Well it's school time again! Next week I go back to begin my 3rd year teaching English Language Development at the high school. I am excited and nervous. It is our first year as a unified 9-12 grade campus at our brand new facility. The enthusiasm is tangible! The campus is beautiful. My new classroom is...wow! I get 2 windows overlooking the athletic fields AND 2 sky lights! Yay for natural light! :) I am filled with anticipation for what I hope will be an amazing school year! Thank you God, for new starts!

Bigger than my geeky love for new school supplies and fresh class schedules is this overwhelming joy that bubbles through my spirit this time of year as it marks the anniversary of an incredible blessing...

Thank you God for giving me the love of my life, Scott Michael Cornwall!

Yep! That's MY husband! I am so lucky :)

Scott and I are looking forward to our 3-year anniversary next week. Three years! :)
We began our relationship while leading junior high small groups. What an honor and unexpected gift to meet my life mate while serving our Savior! God was from the start, at the center of our love for each other and we continue to try to keep ourselves in that same amazing proximity to our Life Guide and Provider. What a generous privilege! Scott is my favorite person on earth! :) After 3 years, I still can't wait to talk to him everyday. I love his patience and expecting heart for God to continue the work He has begun. I love how my heart skips a beat when I see him in a ball cap. I love how he holds me tight for just a second longer in even the briefest of hugs. I love learning him!

The past several months have been difficult and Scott has handled things with such grace and hope. We have a comforting feeling of peace and stability in God, despite one less steady income and a handful of unknowns. We do not doubt for a second the Lord's work in our lives. How can we after seeing the trials Kandy and John faced this last year? It is true that strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord! Scott and I often reflect on the events of last year with Kandy and John and baby Jackson. The truly trusting and faithful Love that shone through that darkness is forever burned on our hearts. We have learned so much and continue to experience the power of God first hand.

Three years! In a lot of ways it seems like yesterday we were just beginning our journey together. I am so excited for what is next and I am grateful for every day that I get to call myself, Scott's wife.


Here are a few pictures of our summer fun:

We spent a few weeks in Idaho this summer...got in some sweet fun with Nate and Vanessa!

I thought about divin in...

See? What did I tell you about Scott and the ball cap? Sexy huh?! He's already teaching Nate everything he knows! :)


Peacin' out!

3 comments:

kellyjyoung said...

Fun pics! Thanks for the updates. Love you!!

Carrie Hutchings said...

So good to hear an update from you guys. I hope your new school year is awesome.

Carrie Hutchings said...

Oh, and happy 3 years!