Friday, May 25, 2012

18 Months Old and Counting!

Hello out there!  It's been such a long time since I've posted more pictures of our growing girl.  Today Maddox is 18 months old.  She has graced us with her beautiful presence now for a year and half; and yet it took only a second for her to steal our hearts that moment she was born.  We are so blessed to be witness to our daughter finding the joy in every day. She makes it easy to love life.  

Here are some recent pictures...
She is getting tall!
She LOVES to do her hair.  And on this day about a month ago, Maddox got into a large tub of vaseline and proceeded to style it herself.  I took this picture AFTER I had spent 30 minutes trying to scrub out the gobs of goo.  I tried everything and still it remained spiked and oily for days. 

Maddox riding the tricycle that Nana got her for Christmas.  She particularly enjoys going backwards.

And yes, that's a binkey in her mouth.  After 15 months and a few weeks of me babysitting a little girl who loved her "pacey," Maddox decided to entertain the notion of a pacifier too.  When she was newborn I tried to encourage her with one and no! She wanted nothing to do with it.  And now that it's time babies should be weening from them...NOW she decides she likes it!  

Sigh.  Need I say more?
Maddox modeling her new swimsuit.
These pictures of her in the mud were taken this evening.  Maddox has learned a great deal from her boy cousins and friends.  Not the least of which includes an adventurous heart and love for the outdoors.  

She's not afraid to get dirty!

Though cleaning up is fun too!

This one was taken yesterday at my friend Amanda's house in Greenleaf.  They live on a farm and we love spending time outside when we visit.  LOVE the sky!  (And Maddox's little tushy:)

3 comments:

kristymom10 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kristymom10 said...

She is so adorable! And really growing up! I love the double binkies picture, and the mud...so fun! Her hair is getting longer too. She is so beautiful, Katie! We can't wait to see her in person!! Great pictures! Thank you!

Carrie Hutchings said...

If it makes you feel any better, Eva was addicted to a binky until she was 3 years old. So, don't stress about that. :)